‘The Family of St Mary’s School strives to grow in God’s love and care by learning together and valuing the uniqueness of each person’.
The Governors and staff are fully committed to providing the best possible educational opportunities for all our children. We endeavour to create a friendly, secure and caring place where children are encouraged to develop academic, social and expressive skills, knowledge and understanding and experience activities that will enable them to become independent, self-motivated and loving people who have a strong sense of self worth and good citizenship. We value and respect each person’s background, culture and experience and are committed to working closely with families for the benefit of the children’s progress, attainment and achievements. We are committed to:
- An approach to discipline that is firm but fair
- Placing high value on our pastoral care which enables our pupils to grow as effective, happy members of the community
- Providing opportunities to widen experiences
- To develop children to their full potential through deepening their relationship with God and others, based on the Gospel values.
- To provide a happy, safe and caring environment for all.
- To work with parents and carers to develop the whole child – academically, morally, spiritually, emotionally, physically and socially.
- For children to become lifelong learners who see learning as an enjoyable and purposeful activity.
- For children to develop lively, enquiring minds through questioning, investigating, reasoning; applying themselves to learning both independently and collaboratively – through a broad and balanced curriculum.
- To ensure good health in pupils through strategies which promote physical and mental well being and self-esteem.
- To ensure children set high personal standards of achievement and to value excellence in all things.
- To prepare children for responsible citizenship by developing values and attitudes compatible with living in a democratic and multicultural society.