A Catholic way of life has been established here in Brook Green from the early 17th century. Around 1680, Frances Bedingfield, established a convent of teaching sisters here and other institutions followed. This included a convent, children’s home and the St Mary’s Training College for teachers. Next to the site of the church, a Catholic alms house was opened in 1851, to provide housing for the elderly.
The Catholic presence in this area grew steadily and was strengthened by Irish immigration from the mid-19th century. The need for a church became more obvious. The foundation stone of the church was laid by Cardinal Wiseman in 1851 and building work finished in 1852.
In recent years, the parish has been renewed by people of many different nations. Holy Trinity parish is now an international community.
St Mary’s has a very close link with Holy Trinity. We regularly attend Mass in our parish church and our children are also involved in parish events. Our Parish Priest, Fr Richard Andrew, is our school chaplain. He regularly visits all classes in school, supporting the children with their RE learning. Fr Richard also comes into school for the Sacrament of Reconciliation.